Mood boards, inspiration boards and vision boards- call them whatever you like but one thing's for sure, here at The Paper + Craft Pantry, we LOVE them. We think creating a #irl Pinterest Board to inspire you both for your personal life as well as career goals can be so powerful.
And what better way to keep the inspiration going than to transform store bought thumbtacks from snooze-worthy into swoon-worthy?
PROJECT CRAFT TIME: 15 mins + 10 mins oven bake time)
- Oven bake clay (Sculpey)
- Wax paper
- Thumb tacks
- Super glue or E6000
- Tooth pick + knife (or any cutting tool)
1. Roll out your clay (We picked 3 colors that complemented each other: blush pink, white and grey with a hint of shimmer). Wedge the grey in the middle of the two lighter colors and work them together with your hands. *Tip* We worked on a surface covered with wax paper for easy clean up.
2. Once you've gotten all the colors mixed together, roll it out and start using your cutting tool to form shapes. We also scored the back of each piece to prep the clay pieces so they'll attach to the thumbtacks more securely.
3. Bake in your oven (per directions of the type of clay you chose), we baked ours at 275 degrees for about 10 mins.
4. Attach using super glue- this is when pre-scoring the back of the clay will come in handy!
5. Pin away using your new, handmade thumb tacks!