Y'all, can you believe we are just days away from our official two year anniversary? It's kind of crazy to think how quickly time has flown by! It's truly such an honor to have become a staple in the Austin community (and the interweb community too!)
The Paper + Craft Pantry has really become the go-to place for all things paper and stationery in town. And with the launch of our online shop earlier this year, we now have hundreds of items on our virtual shelves. It's been so fun sending out online orders all over the United States!
We've also grown an incredibly loyal following for all of our workshops and events. To date, we've hosted thousands in the hundreds of classes and community events that line our studio calendar.
Instead of just celebrating over one day, we've decided to do something fun for our entire birthday week! Wanna find out what we have up our sleeves? We're sharing our birthday week plans at the bottom of this really fun D.I.Y. !
As we head full speed towards the hustle and bustle of the holiday season, we think it is more crucial than ever to find time to yourself, and extra important to find time to craft and create! This simple and really great D.I.Y. makes a wonderful gift, and will add some fun to your guest bathroom for all those holiday guests!
HANDMADE GEODE ROCK SOAPS
D.I.Y. PROJECT TIME: 1HR
- Clear glycerin soap (2lb package)
- Organic lavender essential oil
- Liquid soap coloring
- Microwave safe bowl or measuring cup
- Large mixing bowl
- Disposable plastic cups
- Disposable plastic spoon
- Ice + water (for ice bath)
1. Cut up soap pieces and place in your microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Melt slowly and in intervals in the microwave
2. Stir well using your plastic spoon and add in essential oil of your choice. Then add in soap coloring. For faux amethyst, we used purple coloring and added 6-8 drops into melted soap. Stir well.
3. Pour into disposable plastic up. Set in an ice bath to cure for about 10-15 minutes.
4. While the first layer is curing and hardening, cut up more soap pieces and melt in the microwave.
5. Now add in 4-6 drops of purple coloring to get a slightly lighter shade of purple. Stir well.
6. Retrieve your cup that's in the ice bath. Be sure it's firm before pouring in the second layer.
7. Set in an ice bath to cure for about 10-15 minutes.
8. While the second layer is curing and hardening, cut up another batch of soap pieces and melt in the microwave.
9. Add in 2-4 drops of purple coloring to get a very light shade of purple. Stir well.
10. Retrieve your cup that's in the ice bath. Be sure it's firm before pouring in the third and final layer.
11. Once all three layers are hard, carefully cut the plastic cup off. Using a clean knife, cut in abstract/geometric angles to create the look of a geode!
12. Repeat steps to make all the soaps!
THE PAPER + CRAFT PANTRY
BIRTHDAY WEEK CELEBRATION
Thank you all, so very much, for supporting The Paper + Craft Pantry through the years. As a celebration for our birthday week, we'll be giving away goody bags stuffed full of greeting cards, paper goodies, and fun gifts for all purchases made in our East Austin shop as well as online from November 13th- November 19th.