It's finally Spring here in Austin and we've been enjoying some truly incredible weather! It has been nice enough that we've been leaving our front door open throughout the day and really cherishing the weather because we all know it only gets hotter from here on out. But until then, we're going to soak up every bit of Spring especially since a brand new coffee shop opened around the block, our new favorite spot for a quick lunch since our friends Bento Picnic opened up their store front and not one, but two food trucks set up shop just down the street!
We don't know about you, but Springtime gets us in the mood for spring cleaning both at home and at the shop, we're loving this Spring Cleaning List to go through clutter. If you're needing some support with organizing, we love our friends over at Moxie Space. And if you just want to completely flip a room and elevate it in design, look no further than this Spruce Kit!
Last but not least, to top off your cleaning, decorating and organizing spree, we've whipped up the simplest (yet cutest) way to add some D.I.Y. home decor to any space. With a few simple materials and in five easy steps, even you'll be amazed at how easy this project is! You can hang multiple on a wall or even use them as cute door hangers!
MODERN FIBER HOME DECOR
D.I.Y. PROJECT TIME: 30 MIN
- Natural cotton cord
- Embroidery thread
1. Cut your cotton cord to your desired length (we cut our pieces to about 3ft)
2. Unwind your embroidery thread and lay the starting end pointing down about an inch and start wrapping the cord tightly downward.
3. Thread a needle to the end of your thread and carefully thread the needle back up and through the underside layer of thread.
4. Tug gently on both ends to tighten (you've essentially created a gathering knot!)
5. Repeat using other colors to create a color block pattern.
*For a simpler version, just use a fast drying tacky glue instead of creating a gathering knot!
Love this D.I.Y. project? Stay tuned as we're dreaming up a way to turn this into a community craft for our annual Summer Craft Party!